Happy Travel Tip Tuesday! Traveling has become a lot easier now that we have a ton of websites, apps, books, and agencies at our disposal. I am always looking at and testing out various apps for things and travel ones are always at the top of my list, especially if it involved a good deal! I had a list going for a while and my friend Hannah just gave me one to top it off. Below are my top six travel apps that are great for any and all things travel.
- Trip It – FREE // This app is really great when you have a flight. It is super simple; you plug in your flight information and it will give you all the flight details, let you choose your seat and keep you updated on flight departures and arrivals. Sometimes when I have multiple flights, this is super helpful to make sure I am on time to them all, and do not forget when and where to be. There are also some fare perks that come with this app as well!
- Air B&B – FREE // I am sure most of you have heard of this one, but I can't reiterate how amazing this app and website is. I have stayed in a bunch of Air B&B's now and have always had a great experience! This is so great when you are traveling on a budget since the prices are usually very cheap, especially when you go with a group of people.
- PackPoint – FREE // I suck at packing. I always end up packing too much, so this app was a must for me. You literally type in the place your going, the dates, and the types of activities you will be partaking in, and the app generates a packing list for you based on the weather patterns in that place and what you are doing. You can then go in and remove or add to the list, but it gives you a really great base to start with!
- HitList – FREE // This app is the one my friend Hannah was just telling me about. You can login and get insanely cheap deals on flights around the world. You just type in where you want to go and what day of the week you would want to depart and it gives you a list of cheap flights. They also have categories based on holidays, weekend getaways, and specific locations. I highly recommend playing around with this app if you are looking to plan a getaway anytime soon!
- Hotel Tonight – FREE // I think this is one of the best deals and app that I have ever come across. My friend Haley comes into NYC quite a bit and is always using this app to score insane deals on some of the nicest hotels NYC has to offer. The only thing you forfeit with this app is planning ahead, hence the name. You type in the name of the city you need to stay in, and the app generates a list of top hotels in that area that are available for either that night, the next night or the following nights. Haley has gotten deals at hotels like The Refinery Hotel, Nomo Soho, and The Dream Hotel which are all normal $500+ a night, however with this app you can score a room for $50-$250/night depending on which one it is! I will actually be using this when I go to New Orleans in March so stay tuned!
- Trip Splitter – FREE // This app is great for me since I travel a lot with my boyfriend, Cris. We usually try to split everything on our trips, however it is always hard when you are keeping track of all your expenses in the lame note app on your phone. This app makes it easy to put in the amount you spent, and how many people you are splitting it with. This app also categorizes the expenses you log in, so all your food, travel, excursions, etc will be easy to see and split with the tap of a finger.
**Just FYI: All of these apps are free, however most of them have the option to upgrade to a more premium level if you so choose for an additional cost!