As I have mentioned before, I am a 100% guilty of buying beauty products solely based on their pretty packaging. This sometimes works in my favor, however I do inevitably end up with a ridiculous lipstick collection. I have rounded up my five favorite packaging designs for lipstick, some of which I own and really do love, and some that are on my wishlist. What is your favorite lipstick packaging?
1. Christian Louboutin Silky Satin Lip Colour // I have never used this lipstick, but the packaging is to die for. I was in Sephora the other day and saw this collection and couldn't take my eyes off the flashy gold designs. Even their Nail Polish was completely different than any polish bottle I have seen.
2. Pai Pai Guillermo Huerta Lipstick Collection // I saw these lipstick designs on the Dieline a while back. This company hired a local designer and professor in Mexico, Guillermo Huerta to design these cute, opaque lipsticks that also are extremely hydrating. Each design is representative of the culture and art in Mexico and is meant to pay a tribute to their country. All the colors are true to their form and go on exactly how they are portrayed.
3. Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick // I was drawn to this packaging design because of how bad ass it looked. The studded exterior really adds a rockstar aspect to this line of lipstick. The shades of colors are very punk rock, with a lot of purple and glitter tones. This lipstick is created with Color Cushion Technology™ which lets the colors stay on for a long time, while providing a silky touch to your lips as you swipe it on.
4. Yves Saint Laurent Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick // I rarely buy really expensive lipstick, simply because I don't usually wear a lot of lipstick unless it is on a special occasion. I really wanted a good quality light pink lipstick that I could throw on every morning without it looking like I had an insane amount of make up on. I bought this YSL because of the sleek, gold packaging, but also because of how true the colors were. The color I have is called Lingerie Pink and I absolutely love it! It is a bit on the pricey ($36.00 a tube) but it does last a really long time!
5. Stila After Glow Lip Color // I love Stila as a brand, and am an avid user of their liquid eyeliner and eye shadow palettes. These lip colors are nice because they are black and compact, so you can take them with you anywhere. They are less of a lipstick and more of a matte tint, which I am always a fan of. I think having a subtle stain on your lips is perfect for when you are going to work or running errands. Clinique has a similar product which I am also a huge fan of, called the Chubby Stick.