I work on 38th and Broadway which is right below the madness of Times Square. Although it is hard to find quick, affordable and healthy restaurants to eat at for lunch, over time I have collected a list of my favorite go-to spots.
- Mexicue $$ // This is a Mexican restaurant that is great for take-out and sitting down. The ambiance is nice, and they have a nice drink selection as well, #margaritas.
- The Kati Roll Company $ // This is one of my favorite indian take out restaurants. There are a few throughout the city and their menu is pretty simplistic. The rolls are easy to eat and are not too expensive. I recommend getting there before 12 or after 1:30 to beat the long lunch lines!
- Crisp $ // If you like falafel, this is the place for you. They have amazing salad & rice bowls. You can also get pretty much anything there for under $10. Their pita bread is also the best. bread. ever.
- Kobeyaki $$ // This is take out Japanese restaurant that takes a healthier approach to this type of food. I swear the Tuna salad is literally the best salad I have ever had. It is a little more pricy, meaning most dishes are over $10 with a drink, but totally worth it.
- Parker & Quinn $$$ // This is a nice sit down restaurant, that we go to for a long lunch sometimes. Their burgers are truly amazing and all their food is super fresh. This is a nice spot to take people from out of town as well, since it is located inside the Refinery Hotel.