I love a really good cocktail, and lucky for me, New York is full of places with hand crafted cocktails. I have not even begun to put a dent in all the cocktail bars there are to try, but I have a list of my five favorites, and their respective drinks thus far!
I went to Apotheke for a drink before my birthday dinner at Pulqueria, which is their sister restaurant right next door. This speakeasy is not like most, since the bartenders are dressed in old school apothecary uniforms and they refer to the "drinks" as prescriptions. Medicinal bottles line the interior, and each drink is curated and created with an insane level of precision. Located on a quaint street in Chinatown, this little gem is not one to miss! This speakeasy has a rather large menu of drinks to choose from, all ranging from $13 to $18.
- Mr.Pink // Aviation Gin, Fresh Grapefruit, Aperol, Amaro Nonino, Lime & Agave
- Paid Vacation // Vida Mezcal, Altos Tequila, Smoked Pineapple, Muddled Cucumber, Habanero Bitters, Lime & Agave
- Magnum P.I. // Old Tom Gin, Maraschino, Pineapple, Macadamia Oil, Basil, Egg White, Lemon, Simple Syrup & Angostura
The Blind Barber is a little speakeasy that is a Barber Shop by day, and dancing floor by night. Although you can go there during the day to get a haircut and drink, it is a great spot to start and finish your night as well. The place is small, and if you get there early enough, you won't have to wait in line.
- Sweeney Todd // Jameson Black Barrel, Lemon, Honey, Egg White & Creole Bitters
- Batman // Damrak Gin, St.Germain, Peychauds Bitters, Lemon & Mint
- Hot Heather // Milagro Silver, Lemon, Amber Agave, Grapefruit, Pineapple & Ginger.
ECC stands for Experimental Cocktail Club. This bar makes amazing drinks and is a Parisian staple when your in the mood for a nightcap. The bartenders there try to create familiar experiences through each of their cocktail creations. With their revamped cocktail menu, I am dying to go back and try some of their new additions.
- Stockholm Syndrome // Cumin and Dill Infused Fair Vodka, Linie Aquavit, Lemon Juice, Peychaud Bitters, & Pink Himalayan Salt
- Bax Beet Yogi // Dried Strawberry Infused Sweet Vermouth, Yogurt Mezcal, Beet Juice & Lime Juice
- Negroni Corretto // Sweet Vermouth, CItadelle Gin, Fresh Clementine Juice, Campari, & Perrie-Jouet Champagne.
Summit Bar is hands down my favorite cocktail bar, EVER. I have never had a bad drink there, and every time I take a risk and order something different, I am always pleasantly surprised. All of their cocktails are only $12 and they are worth every penny. This is a spot that I always go to with friends for drinks before a night out, or for a drink on the way home.
- Charmanes Star // Polish Vodka, Cinnamon Infused Agave, English Cucumber, Shiso Leaf, Lime Juice & Rhubarb Bitters. (The BEST)
- The Last Cocktail // Beefeater Gin, Prosecco, Rosemary Infused Agave, Pear Puree, Lemon Juice, & Clove Dust
- Born & Raised // Honeybush Tea Infused Famous Grouse Scotch, Dolin Sweet Vermouth, Agave, & Summit Orange Bitters