Cris and I try to do one big trip every year, somewhere both of us have not been. This year we booked tickets to Amsterdam and Greece. We have gotten in the habit of booking our flights 4 to 6 months in advance, and then planning the actual trip along the way. It works out since the flights are cheaper and it gives you a huge chunk of time to research where to stay, eat and what to see! I have done some research and started to make lists of things that are a must see. If anyone has any suggestions of places to visit in Amsterdam I would love to know!
- Van Gogh Museum // I hear this museum is unbelievable and a great place to view the best of impressionist paintings, including the one and only, Vincent Van Gogh.
- House of Bols // The House of Bols I hear is quite the sensual experience. You can taste several liquors and watch how they are made.
- Renting Bikes // I heard this is a must in Amsterdam. Since we are going in the Fall, it will be a little chillier, around 50-60 degrees, however I think that might just be the perfect weather for biking around the city!
- Albert Cuyp Market // I always love a good market, and the Albert Cuyp Market is known for their great bargains, food, and most importantly, the stroopwaffle which I am dying to try.
- Red Light District // When in Amsterdam, we may as well stop and visit the infamous Red Light District, to see all the sex shops, theaters and other strip club situations.
- Vondel Park // The most beautiful and largest park in Amsterdam.