I can't believe that Christmas is only two days away! The past few weeks at work have been totally insane and I am so excited to be able to take the next ten days off to relax with family and friends. Between getting gifts for everyone, Birthday celebrations, and never ending pitches, I have finally reached the home stretch! I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday and an even better New Year. I have started to make my New Years Resolutions, however I have to start tailoring them to become a little more specific so that I actually stick to them!
- Eat Less Bread // I love bread and it is kind of shameful how much bread I actually eat, so one of my resolutions is to cut out bread from breakfast & lunch and anything in between. I didn't want to just cut it out cold turkey since that would only make me crave it even more.
- Eat More Vegetables // In addition to eating less bread, that comes with eating more vegetables. I do not cook often but I really want to learn to make vegetables more appealing to me so they take up the majority of my meals.
- Read A Book Every 2-3 Months // I do not read enough, and one of my resolutions is to read more. But instead of just saying "read more" I figured i would set a specific goal, a book every 2-3 months depending on my workload.
- Managing My Finances // This one is something I have been meaning to do for a while now. I have never really budgeted myself and kind of spend money whenever I feel like it. In the 2016 I want to set specific goals for how much money I can spend on certain things. Some of these categories will include food, clothing, gifts, coffee, etc. I want to be able to save more money that just my 401 K so that will be a big initiative come the new year! I am looking to download Mint but if anyone knows of any other noteworthy finance apps, I'm all ears!
- Travel More During The Year // There are some places I am just dying to visit that I see Groupon deals for all the time. I think spending my money on experiences like this is one of the most fulfilling so I think I am going to try and take more trips to places I have never been. First on my list is Iceland!
These are my resolutions for now, and I am sure I will need to edit as I see fit throughout the year, but I figure I would start the year out strong!