So this purchase can be summed up to me acting like a kid in a candy store. I literally walked into Sephora and saw this Peter Thomas Roth gold sample mask box, with the numbers $75 plastered on the the top of the box, and knew I had to have it. Since I am a type A personality, I obviously when to the Peter Thomas Roth section to see how much a tub of these masks would normally cost. Seeing that each one retailed for $50 bucks a tub, I figured it was a great deal.
I mean, I was getting 5 of them for $75. That means I was getting three of them for free...right? Anyways enough of my justifying my ridiculous purchases at Sephora, which always seem to be over 100 bucks whenever I go in there. They got me.
I got these five masks because they all do different things for your skin and the colors were just too hard to resist! Also the fact that I could afford something with 24K gold in it was enough for me. Here are the five masks, their specialties, and my thoughts on each one!
1. Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask // This was the first mask I was eager to try out of the bunch. This mask is known mainly for replicating the rose stem cells for anti-age repair. The goal is to have younger looking skin while also rejuvenating the tone of your complexion. What I loved about this mask was the fresh scent of rose that lingers with you as you keep it on for ten minutes. It is a cooling gel, so they also suggest putting it into the refrigerator before using it. As far as immediate results, my skin was very smooth and I noticed my skin was much brighter the next morning while applying my moisturizer.
2. Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask // This mask is your standard mud mask. There is no fancy smell, but it is known for decongesting and purifying your skin. What I like most about this mask is that it does not dry out while you have it on your face. Most other masks I have tried leave my face dry and tight. This one not only draws out all the dirt and oil, but also keeps your skin hydrated with nutrients and vitamins.
3. Cucumber Gel Mask Extreme Detoxifying Hydrator // This mask is the most gentle and hydrating of them all. Since I have sensitive skin, and it gets irritated very easily, and this gel mask if perfect for soothing redness and detoxifying with botanical extracts like cucumber, papaya, chamomile, lemon and aloe. This one is also great for sunburns! Stick it in the fridge and apply it to your eyes as a de-puffer too!
4. Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Enzymatic Dermal Resurfacer // First off, this mask literally smells like pumpkin pie, so if that doesn't make you want to smother it all over your face I don't know what will. This is a heavy duty exfoliator that really gets into your skin and clears it out to leave you with smooth and polished skin. I actually love exfoliating even though it seems kind of harsh while its happening, I love the way it makes my skin feel afterwards. One thing to note is that is contains hydroxy acid (AHA) which increases skins sensitivity to the sun. While you rub this mask into your skin, you will feel somewhat of a tingle/burning which I assume means its working!
5. 24K Gold Mask Pure Luxury Lift & Firm Mask // Um I am pretty sure the title says it all. Who doesn't want to put 24K gold on their face?! This mask is another anti aging agent but is also known for giving you a fabulous glow. There is no scent to it, but it is a fun experience having your face look gold for ten minutes. I would say that my skin was definitely brighter, but nothing crazy to how they claim it should be. I also enjoyed how smooth my skin was after this treatment.