Sometimes you just want to find a mindless, entertaining movie on Netflix to throw on before bed. When it comes to finding that movie however, I usually end up spending over an hour searching through the large catalogs of genres that Netflix has to offer. I have found eight, movies that are great for filling those 1-2 hours before you want to go to sleep. Ranging from romantic comedies to thrillers, there is bound to be something on this list you might enjoy. All the trailers are below!
- Cake // A somewhat depressing movie about a woman (Jennifer Aniston) with chronic pain whose friend has just committed suicide. She then begins to reach out to her friends husband for comfort. The movie is well shot and takes place in California. Also, who doesn't love Jennifer Aniston?
- The Skeleton Twins // Bill Nader and Kristen Wiig do a great job as twins who have not seen each other in ten years. A series of unfortunate events brings them back together and helps them explore their once lost relationship. This movie is funny, charming and sad at times. I also have a soft spot for Kristen Wiig.
- Faults // I love a good cult movie, and this one is the perfect thriller with a twist. The movie itself is super simple, an author/mind control professional is hired to "reprogram" a member of a strong willed cult. I am extremely fascinated by cults and what makes people throw away everything to be part of a community like that. I have seen a lot of other movies like Sound of my Voice, Martha Marcy May Marlene, The Master, and even the HBO Documentary Going Clear. If you haven't I urge you to check them out! I believe The Master is on Netflix as well!
- The Loft // This is a typical Hollywood thriller where five married men decide to share a penthouse where they do whatever they want (aka cheat, drink, do drugs, etc) All is fun and games until a dead body ends up in the bed of the loft. One of these men is clearly to blame and the rest is a spiral of suspense and paranoia.
- Don Jon // I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt, so naturally I put this on my to watch list. The story follows a New Jersey bartender through his list of important things, friends, family, his car, his church, his women, and his porn. His addiction to porn becomes a problem when it comes to meeting woman he could actually marry.
- Life Partners // This movie is super light hearted and mainly about friendship. When a 29 year old lawyer begins a serious relationship, her best lesbian friend becomes jealous and begins to feel a breakage in their longterm friendship.
- Welcome To Me // Another Kristen Wiig movie that is about a mentally estranged woman who wins the California Lottery. Once going off her meds, she decides she wants to host a talk show all about her strange life and bizarre hobbies.
- Thanks For Sharing // I have always seen this movie pop up on me "Recommended for Sarah" list whenever I log into Netflix. I finally gave it a watch and was pleasantly surprised. This movie follows a sex addict on his road to recovery, when he meets a woman, (Gwyneth Paltrow) who is obsessed with expressing her sexuality. The movies tests his limits to keeping his addiction at bay without ruining a relationship with the one he loves.
Would love to know any other Netflix movie recommendations since I am always looking for more!