I never really used to take vitamins when I was younger, mainly because I would forget to take them or did not want to spend the money. Now that I am older, I have a pretty strict vitamin routine that I barely ever miss. I have always been confused as to what vitamins to take, so with the combination of my doctors and mothers advice, these are the six essential vitamins I take each day.
- Vitafusion MultiVites // Yes, I still take gummy vitamins. They are the easiest way to take a multi-vitamin in my opinion. I get this particular brand because they sell them at Costco in a HUGE bottle so they last me a long time!
- Twinlab L-Lysine // I never knew what lysine was until I decided to google "how to prevent yourself from getting sick" Next to vitamin C, it was the second best supplement to take if you wanted to promote a strong immune system and prevent illness. I take this every day and an added benefit is that it prevents cold sores!
- NatureMade Vitamin C // Even though I prefer to get this vitamin naturally (through oranges, grapefruits, kiwis, etc) it is nice to take this as a supplement if you feel a cold coming on. It can literally kill it in its tracks. Vitamin C can also help with mild acne which is always a plus.
- Natures Bounty Acidophilus Probiotic // I was always told to take a probiotic by every type of doctor I have seen. Probiotics are great for your digestive system and help keep any stomach aches or indigestion away.
- Natures Bounty Green Tea // I always love a good metabolism booster, so rather than drinking green tea, I take it in the morning for a nice touch of caffeine.
- NatureMade Fish Oil // Fish Oil is another great supplement for your heart, skin and memory. I try to eat fish as much as possible, but it is also nice to have this as a back up to still get all the vitamins that fish have to offer.
I get all these vitamins at various stores like Costco and CVS, however the one that I am in love with is Willner Chemists, right near grand central on Park and 41st. They have literally ANY vitamin/supplement/herb/cure you would ever need. Would love to know any other great supplement to take!