Trader Joe's is hands down one of the best, inexpensive grocery stores in the city. In addition to getting my weekly groceries there, I also found myself spending a ridiculous amount of time in the beauty/healthcare aisle. There are a couple really great beauty buys that Trader Joe's has that you would never think to ever buy there. They also have cute packaging that compliments their great products. Here are my favorites:
- Trader Joe's Coconut Body Butter: I am usually not a fan of body butter. I find it very greasy & thick and tend to stick with lighter body oils to keep me moisturized. HOWEVER, when I picked up this adorable little tub of Coconut Body Butter at Trader Joe's, I fell in love with it. This butter goes on smooth without feeling too heavy and the coconut scent is amazing. I will pretty much buy anything that has the word coconut on it, so obviously this made it in with the groceries.
- Trader Joe's Enrich Moisturizing Face Lotion: This moisturizing face lotion is a great day time lotion. I usually wear it under my makeup to keep my skin hydrated and protected from the sun all day long. This lotion also does not smell like sunscreen which is a huge plus for me. If you are a fan of any of the Olay facial lotions, this one comes pretty close.
- Trader Joe's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil: Believe me when I say, this tub of coconut oil goes a LONG way. I use it for pretty much everything, in my hair, on my body, in my food and on my face. I keep a tub of it in the shower, since it acts a nice alternative to shaving cream, and lasts 5 times as long. I also add this oil to my morning smoothie to add that extra boost of healthy fat and flavor!
- Trader Joe's Lavender Salt Scrub: In the winter time, my skin becomes a lot more sensitive and much drier. I always rely on a salt scrub to get a nice exfoliation all over my body. This lavender one from Trader's is great, the scent is soothing, the scrub is not too harsh and it leaves my skin feeling softer than ever.
- Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castile Liquid Soap: This liquid body wash is the holy grail of all soaps. I not only use it for my skin, but I also clean the tub and counters with it, and use it to shampoo all my makeup brushes. The peppermint scent is my favorite, however they have other scents as well like lavender and tea tree oil.