Lip balm is something I ALWAYS have on me. My lips are perpetually dry, so I am always in dire need of the best, longest lasting lip balm. Of all the balms, ointments, sticks, and oils I have purchased in my lifetime (which is far too many) I have narrowed my list down to six of the best lip balms out there. Each has their own strengths and weaknesses, but they all serve a purpose.
- Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment: This is my #1 go to lip ointment. I have a huge tub of it sitting next to my bed, and a smaller squeeze tube I carry around in my purse. This is this heaviest of all ointments out there, but it does the job. I slab layers of this all over my lips and skin before going to bed, and always wake up with primed, smooth lips ready to take on the day. This ointment is also VERY long lasting. I have had the tub that I currently own for about five years and it is still going strong.
- Chapstick Classic: Everyone knows the brand. Good ole' Chapstick. I will always love the classic smell and color, and the way it leaves your lips nice and smooth. Although this is not the longest lasting lip balm I have ever tried, it is definitely a staple when it comes to all lip products. This one is also pretty cheap, only $1.99 for a tube.
- Smith's Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm: I love a good fruity balm, that also keeps your lips nice and hydrated. I am a huge fan of all of Smith's lip products, but the two balms that I feature on here, are the best ones in my opinion. For those lipsticks that are a little on the dry side, this balm is a nice primer, keeping your lips moisturized all day long.
- Smith's Menthol and Eucalyptus Balm: This is my second favorite balm from Smith's. I am obsessed with the scent of menthol and eucalyptus, so this was an impulsive buy for me while I was in Ricky's NYC shopping for a friend. The price point is a little high ($6.99) but do not be deceived, this little tub lasts forever! This balm also adds a little tingle to your lips in addition to keeping them nice and smooth.
- EOS Organic Lip Balm Sphere: These little multi-colored spheres have picked up a lot of publicity in the past couple years. This made it onto my list since I am also a packaging design fanatic, so when I see something with a cool package, I buy it. Yep, I am that girl. These pastel balls are modern in design and easy to use while providing your lips with a nice sweet mint flavor, among many others.
- Maybelline Baby Lips: Last but not least are these cute little pops of color. In addition to being a silky balm, Baby Lips also adds a tint of color to your lips. I am all about a tinting your lips just a tad since it adds a little change to your daily routine. This one is also another example of down to earth design. I would collect all of these simply because of how cute they look all together.